Friday, May 22, 2015

REViEW | Cannes Film Festival Looks 2015

One of the anticipated events every year during the month of May would be Cannes Film Festival. Aside from the glitz and glamour, this event premieres acclaimed cinema works of artists of different genres from all over the globe in which they are given equal opportunity to showcase their talents in film. With gargantuan media exposure and by invitation only, the Cannes Film Festival is considered as the most prestigious.

Dreamy, overflowing fabric ran down Promenade de la Croisette's red carpet. I've only seen it on TV yet it's hypnotizing! To have sheer elegance and utter glam in one event running for two weeks, Cannes Film Festival is indeed living up to its name --- the greatest social event of the season. With my eyes overwhelmed with too much pretty,  I've created a list of my 7 Best Cannes Film Festival Looks!

Left: Emily Blunt in Stella McCartney
Right: Soo Joo Park in Oscar Dela Renta
PC: Harper's Bazaar

1. Channel Iman

Chanel Iman looks extremely flawless in this red Donna Karan Atelier gown. The side details scream glamorous and exquisite! Iman has never disappointed the Festival crowd with her love of pretty princess gowns. This red ensemble struck me the most.

Chanel Iman in Donna Karan Atelier
PC: Vogue UK
2. Charlotte Le Bon

Talk about ultimate class! The drapery in this Elie Saab couture is simple yet ethereal. What I love about this gown is the graceful bodice and how the white fabric prettily hang loose from the waist down. Plus, Charlotte Le Bon looks celestial on it.

Cannes Best Dressed
Charlotte Le Bon in Elie Saab
PC: Harper's Bazaar
3. Araya Hargate

My oh, my! I don't even know how to begin with this ball gown by Ashi Studio. Did Araya turned heads at the Cannes Film Festival? That's a definite YES! The dramatic feathered hemline, the intricate embroidery, her clean updo and a pop of lavish red lippy... Alright. This is my ultimate favorite!

Cannes Best Dressed
Araya Hargate in Ashi Studio
PC: Vogue UK

4. Natalie Portman

Most of you might not like Natalie's Lanvin gown that much. With an explosion of sheers, jewels, draperies and the like. One will say, hmm... not for the red carpet. Not for Cannes Film Festival. But what I love about this number is the color - bright sea green is a such refreshing take since I've seen too much sparkles. The plunging neckline, the loose belt around the waist make this gown regally prominent. Don't you say?

Natalie Portman in Lanvin
PC: Hollywood Reporter

5. Soo Joo Park

Oscar Dela Renta is the master of elegance as heartily emphasized by this creation. Soo Joo Park is a vision in this laced peplum gown. The overall look is simple yet frivolous. Dazzlingly charming!


cannes best dressed
Soo Joo Park in Oscar Dela Renta
PC: Fashion Bomb Daily

6. Emily Blunt

Sparkles, sparkles, sparkles! The red carpet would be incomplete without it. I am so digging Emily Blunt in this delicious Stella McCartney piece! Wait till she turns around and the back surprises you with an inverted triangle cutout and a slit with just the right height. Perfect hairstyle, check. Perfect body hugging gown, check. Perfect sparkles, check. Perfect accessories, check. Is she perfect? Check. Check. Check. Check.


cannes best dressed
Emily Blunt in Stella McCartney
PC: Vogue IT

7. Naomi Watts

Sequins, detailed embellishments, impeccable accessories... everything about this gown is on point! The silvery ostrich color is simply stunning. It may be heavily adorned but Noami still looks beyond luxurious! And, oh! Did I mention the pockets? That was a home run for me.

cannes best dressed
Naomi Watts in Elie Saab
PC: The Zoe Report


So there you have it! My top 7 picks for Cannes Film Festival Looks. And just to share with you all... I was engrossed for days not only because I was looking out for celebrity fashion. But was also rooting for, Taklub (Trap) by Brillante Mendoza. This is my country's entry for  the Un Certain Regard selection!

I hope you all liked my review as much as I enjoyed writing it. Oh! Do you have any favorites or less favorites? Let's connect. Don't forget to leave your comments below. Till my next! xo.


Comment via Google Plus or Blogger

29 comments:

  1. I totally didn't have a chance to look at Cannes outfits on social media. I'm so happy you did this recap! Natalie Portman's dress is to die for. By far my favorite! So simple and chic. Anyways, thanks for sharing and I hope you have a great holiday weekend.

    Stay Styled,
    Lindsey

    Instagram: stay_styled
    Blog: http://staystyledblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Lindsey!

      Natalie's was divine, huh? Thanks you for reading through. This is my first "Looks" review so I am glad you liked it! Happy long weekend to you, too. xoxo.

      Sugar

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Appreciate it. Many thanks, luv <3 xoxo

      Sugar

      Delete
  3. I wanna attend the Cannes film festival one day and be absolutely dazzled (and maybe even subsequently pass out) by everyone's glamour -- all of these looks are fantastic! How stunning is Emily Blunt?!

    May x • The MaydenBloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, May.

      "subsequently pass out" Hahaha! You're so cute. But I totally know what you mean *wink* Thanks for dropping by. It's really nice to see familiar faces! xoxo

      Sugar

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Heya, Jeanne!

      Yes, I totally agree with you <3 Oscar Dela Renta never fails in that criteria. Thanks for visiting xoxo

      Sugar

      Delete
  5. Ah they all look beautiful, but I love Naomi Watts' dress the best!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Alice!

      Fell in love with the pockets, too! Another Elie Saab magic <3 Thanks for visiting! Hope we can follow each other xoxo

      Sugar

      Delete
  6. Lovee Natalie Portman and Emily Blunt as always.

    xo,

    Emma
    http://www.sassystreet.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heya, Emma.

      So true! They're always on the list of best dressed celebrities! Thanks for reading, Emma. Appreciate it tons. xoxo

      Sugar

      Delete
  7. Natalie and Emily are just perfect <3

    The Cutielicious
    http://www.thecutielicious.com
    Federica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Federica.

      Yes! Elegant and classy ladies. Love them, too. Many thanks for reading xoxo

      Sugar

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Hi, Sabina.

      They're amazing, right? Glad you liked the list <3 xoxo

      Sugar

      Delete
  9. Emily Blunt was totally gorgeous!
    Bisous,
    Julie | http://www.juliechagas.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Julie!

      Yes! I agree tons <3 Thanks for your comment xoxo

      Sugar

      Delete
  10. So interesting post. Have a great day!

    New post - http://starlingdays.blogspot.com/2015/05/blog-post_25.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Mira.

      Awwhhh... appreciate it. I love going to your blog! Will definitely check out your new post. xoxo

      Sugar

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Hello, Gabrielle.

      Thanks for your lovely comment :) <3 xoxo

      Sugar

      Delete
  12. Hi, Rita!

    Thanks so much. I am humbled you like it. Sure thing <3 followed you already.

    xoxo,
    Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  13. Replies
    1. Hi, Kelly!

      Oh, that's 100 yes <3 She literally sparkled! Thank you for dropping by, appreciate it so much xoxo


      Sugar

      Delete
  14. Hello Sugar,
    Loved this post. My favorite was Charlotte Le Bon, she looks like an angel. so magical. Loved that look.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello, Katty!

    Thanks so much. Though, I am not a good writer like you. Still trying to get there :) YES!! She looks as if she was descended from heaven, huh? xoxo

    Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  16. Replies
    1. Hello, Ruth! :-)

      Yup! I can't even pick my real fave to be honest. LOL. Thanks for the love, as always!

      Delete

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I am always thrilled to interact with you all! Don't forget to follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Bloglovin', Pinterest and Google+ so we may stay connected! Stay gorgeous everyone! xoxo - Sugar